Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Week 1

Well, we finally get to our first report on NFL action. I have to admit I feel rather nervous to take on this momentous task considering the number of really good NFL columnists, but what the heck. Here goes nothing.


The first thing I noticed in this first week is how dominant defenses seem to be. Seattle, with its high voltage offense led by Shaun Alexander and Matt Hasselbeck couldn't score a single TD. Advice to Fantasy Players: build up your defense, offense takes some time to revv up. Cornerbacks rule!

Play of the week: gee, I'm going out on a limb here, but I would say it's got to be Heath Miller's stupendous 87 yard play. Man, can he run!!! This is a guy you gotta look out for on Sunday's draft.

Moronic comment of the week:
"now, the Seahawks want to do better at Detroit" refering to their being back into Motown after losing the Super Bowl. Really, can't sportscasters come up with better remarks?

Lame feature of the week by TV Azteca: each week I will look for the worst things about TV Azteca's football broadcasts. After last season's mega-lame "super fan" halftime feature, the geniuses at TV Azteca now bring in some prepubescent kids to narrate games. Mmm... come to think of it, it might not be that lame. Enrique Garay, watch out!!!

Concern of the week: Televisa apparently negotiated with NFL a Sunday broadcast instead of Monday Night Football. God noooooo!!!!! Over the years MNF has cemented a reputation for showcasing some of the finest moments in football history. Who doesn't remember Emmit Smith's Monday escapades or those great games that were decided in the last seconds of the fourth quarter. Guys, don't let me down.

Results of Fantasy Football

Liga descabellada

Well, what can I say, I won my first game easily. I must admit however, that the other guy's team spent more time in rehab than on the field. Things do not look easy for Rough Trade next week, when I'm up against Football Gods, the strongest team in the league.
My good friend and fellow football enthusiast Andrés J. will also face his first real trial after easily coasting the first week. Papichulos, though they lost, are also among the strongest teams in the league. Good luck!

Industriales Reloaded

Kids, remember there will be a live draft on Sunday, September 17 at 10:00 AM (yes, you read it right, 10 AM). Do not be alarmed, leave that to me.



Don't forget to write all your comments and concerns to this ultra pretentious blog.

PS 4,500 more words and my post would be the same length as TMQ. Go baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home